Distribution Networks in Switzerland
Types of Outlet
- Department stores
Clothes, Cosmetics, Jewelry, Food.
Globus , Manor.
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
Groceries, general merchandise.
Coop, SPAR , REWE group
- Convenience stores
General food, drink, everyday products.
Swiss Valley, Swiss Farms.
- Discount stores
Variety of goods including clothes, cosmetics, and general merchandise of daily use.
- Drug Stores
Medicines, cosmetics, perfumes.
Galencia (renamed Amavita),
- Specialized stores
Designer clothes and wares- furniture, home accessories.
Evolution of the Retail Sector
- Growth and Regulation
The distribution market in Switzerland is dominated by vertically integrated retailers. This allows them to have a centralized buying system in order to remain competitive when compared to independent retailers.
The number of independent retailers is thus decreasing, giving way to a growing number of discount stores and supermarkets. Most of the leading retailers are legally structured as cooperatives.
- Market Shares
- Department stores, chain stores, consumer cooperatives, discount stores and supermarkets comprise the majority of such retailers that deal in a wide range of products and services ranging from textiles, leather goods, sports articles, pharmaceuticals, toys, to hardware.
- Organizations in the Retail Sector
Swiss Retailers Association (SRA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Distribution Networks in Switzerland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swiss companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: