Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Switzerland
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- 2.5% for certain goods and services, which include: foodstuffs; agricultural products (meats, cereals, plants, seed and flowers); medicine and drugs; newspapers; magazines; books and other printed materials; and radio and TV services.
3.8% on hotel and lodging industry (will be 3.8% from 2011).
Most banking services are exempt of VAT.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Most banking services are exempt from taxes. For details refer to Swiss Federal Tax Administration.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- Refer to Swiss Federal Tax Administration.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Federal and cantonal governments levy excise taxes on a number products.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Swiss companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,