Corporate Tax in Switzerland
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Resident companies are subject to:
- Federal corporate income tax;
- cantonal/municipal corporate income taxes
- the cantonal/municipal net worth taxes.
Non-resident companies deriving income from certain Swiss sources may be subject to withholding taxes or be liable to corporate income tax in respect of such income.
|Corporate tax||A federal tax rate of 8.5% is levied on net income. Since income and capital taxes are deductible in determining taxable income, the effective rate tax rate is 7.83%. The cantonal / communal tax rates range between 10.7% and 24.5% depending on the canton and municipality of residency. For more details, consult Taxation.ch.|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Same as resident companies. However some cantons provide special tax and other benefits to attract investments in specific domains and locations.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Business expenses, depreciation, and taxes paid at federal, cantonal or municipal levels are subjected to deductions. Also, indirect taxes such as import duties and foreign taxes (not covered under unilateral or tax-treaty relief provisions) are deductible. Moreover, losses may be carried forward for seven years.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Stamp duties (1%), Land registration fees, etc.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||19.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||63.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||30.1||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Switzerland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Swiss companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: