Employees in Syria
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 42 hours.
- Working Rest Day
- They do not work on Fridays.
- Retirement Age
- 60 in the civil service.
- Informal Labor Market
- The informal work sector is very significant in Syria. It represents more than 40% of the active population. Most of the persons employed in the informal sector work in agriculture, building, construction (24%) and commerce (14%).
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- SYP 5,880 (USD118) for the public and private sector.
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings is between SYP 15,000 and 20,000 (USD 370 - 500 ).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- In certain cases, the employer can ask the employee to work extra hours. The overtime hours cannot exceed 12 hours of continuous work. For more information consult the site ILO (International Labor Organization).
- Pay For Night Hours
- Consult the Law texts in relation to the organization of night jobs. There is one law in particular regarding night jobs for women.
Social Security Costs
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 14% of salary.
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 7% of income.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Syria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: