Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Syria
- Nature of the Tax
- None as such but should be introduced soon.
- Standard Rate
- Not as such. Should be introduced soon at a rate of 10%.
- Reduced Tax Rate
- Basic food items are exempt from VAT.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- A large list of products and services will be exempt from VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- The set up of a VAT at the rate of 10% was projected for 2008, then for 2009 but it was finally put aside without a specific date due to government's lack of preparation. However, it is always current because the country expects an increase in its level of exports and the government wants to use this new source of income to compensate in part for the inevitable decline of the national oil production.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- There isa tax on luxury products which varies between 1,5 et 40%.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Syria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: