Corporate Tax in Syria
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Residents and non-residents companies are charged similarly.
|Corporate income tax||Progressive rate between 10 and 28% on net profits.|
|SYP 0 - 50,000||0%|
|SYP 50,000 - 200,000||10%|
|SYP 200,000 - 500,000||15%|
|SYP 500,000 - 1,000,000||20%|
|SYP 1,000,000 - 3,000,000||24%|
|more than SYP 3,000,000||28%|
|A local administration tax is imposed||The rate is between 4% and 10%, depending on the region.|
|Real Estate Tax||14 to 60%|
|Wages and salaries||0%|
|Carry back system||0 years|
|Carry forward system||5 years|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Non-resident companies are subject to the same tax regime as resident companies.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Companies' capital gains are included in their taxable income and are taxed at the normal rate between 10 and 28%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Special rates are applied for joint stock companies (22%), insurance companies (25%), companies whose capital is mostly public and for private banks (14%).
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Social security (overall of 17,1%), stamp duty (0,4 to 0,7%), real property tax (from 14 to 60%).
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Syria||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||20.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||336.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||42.9||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Syria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: