Domestic Transportation in Syria
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- Taxis can be recognized by their yellow color. Most taxi drivers speak some English. In order to make yourself understood, ask someone to write the different destinations of your journey in Arabic on a piece of paper. To avoid unpleasant surprises, ask the driver to turn on the meter (adadd). There are many urban buses or "services" and they are very inexpensive. However, it is always difficult to know their destinations.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Damascus (DAM)||29 km / 18 miles||USD 15 / 30 min||SYP 100 / 40 min||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Travel within Syria is usually carried out by bus. They run at various time, are very inexpensive, punctual and numerous, and they cover just about all of the country. From your arrival at the train station, you will be directed by the commercial agents to the counter serving your destination.
- Rail Companies
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- The transportation network is in a very uneven condition (it is in the process of being improved) and the traffic is very unorganized. The Highway Code is not always respected and accidents are frequent. In the event of an accident, it is advisable to ask for the protection of the police and to leave the place of the accident. The other means of transportation inside the country's territory are collective taxis or individual taxis, buses and minibuses (commonly called "services").
- Driver's License
- In order to drive in Syria, an International license is required. It is also possible to drive with a French driver's license.
- Conditions For Renting a Vehicle
- Many car rental agencies (local and international) are located at the airport.
- Rental Agencies
Sixt Agency (Damasco, Aleppo)
- Road Maps
Syria road map
- Parking Facilities
- Due to the lack of infrastructures, the "informal" parkings are in full development: the street guards will help you park and will watch your car for a small tip.
Rules of the Road
- Minimum Driving Age
- 18 years old.
- Side of the Road For Driving
- Safety Belts
- Safety belt is mandatory for passengers in the front seat. Many controls take place.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Domestic Transportation in Syria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: