Talks about Lebanon might be long and endless without exageration. Lebanon has been the place of hope and beauty, fashions and modes, education and knoweldge, decisions and resolutions, and the gate to get in through many situations (political and economical) and an important strategical key to the regions;Middle East and Arab countries.
It could be because of the existence of Lebanese roots in history, or it could be because the Lebanese life blood spread around the world and represented by Lebanese immigrants around the world, which is about 15 million.
However let me list some facts, testimonies and recognition of foreign people and institutes to evaluate that description.
As per the “National Geographic” site and agency, which is an American , it says:
“Its glory days brought encomiums to which it could never live up. • Lebanon was the Switzerland of the East, its capital, Beirut, with its nonstop nightlife, the Paris of the Middle East. • There was and is much to justify both descriptions. • Crouched on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean, bordered to the north and east by Syria and to the south by Israel, this is truly a crossroads of the Middle East, with all the triumph and tumult the phrase suggests. • Since the 2006 war between Hezbollah and Israel, this land of so many natural and historic gifts has rebounded smartly”
As per Demirdjian Enterprises:
Despite it is a small country, but it is big with its success and glory.
- Lebanon has 18 religious communities
- It has 40 daily newspapers.
- It has over 100 banks.
- Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it's compared to the Phoenix.).
- Lebanon is the only Asian/African country that doesn't have a desert.
- Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archeological sites,
in the world!
- There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own mountains).
- It has 42 universities.
- There's 3.5 Million Lebanese in Lebanon. There's around 10 Million. Lebanese outside Lebanon!
- The name CEDAR (Lebanon's trees) appears 75 times
in the Old Testament!
- There are over 350 Night Clubs in the City of Beirut alone!
- People say that the cedars were planted by God's own hands (This is why they're called "The Cedars of God", and this is why Lebanon is called "God's Country on Earth."
- Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.
The first alphabet was created by Cadmus in Byblos (city in Lebanon).
- The name of the BIBLE is originated from the name of the city BYBLOS!!!
- The only temple of Jupiter (the main Greek god) is in Baalbeck, Lebanon (The City of the Sun).
- Lebanon's name has been around for 4.000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest country/ nation's name in the world!).
- Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.
- 70% of the students are in private schools.
- 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians (this is the highest percent in all the Arab countries).
- There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor per 100 people).
- The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament.
- Lebanon has been occupied by over 16 countries: (Egyptians-Hittites-Assyrians - Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the greats Army- the Roman Empire Byzantine- the Arabian Peninsula-The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire Britain- France- Israel- Syria).
- The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
- Jesus Christ made his 1st miracle in Lebanon, in Sidon (The miracle of turning water into wine). The Phoenicians (In Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were the first to sail ever!
- Lebanon is the only non-dictatorial country in the Arab world (Yes, they have an elected President!)
- Lebanese are Proud People!
Also as per Berro report (Travel and tourism agency), it says:
- The Phoenicians, the ancient Lebanese, were the first to develop an alphabetic script in 1100 B.C. They did so to facilitate their prosperous trade further.
- The Phoenicians sailors were the first to explore the coats of west Africa and Britain in 1000 B.C.
As I mentioned before that the worlds about Lebanon never end. From Kings, Presidents, Politicians to normal people.
People has been visiting Lebanon since long time, perhaps since the existence of Phoenicians, and Lebanon has been always the headlights of news whether good news or bad news, whether political or social life, whether economy or tourism.
Looking for fun and joy, they visit Lebanon.
Looking for education and knowledge, they visit Lebanon.
Looking for political and economical strategies ands solutions, they visit Lebanon.
Looking for new life, they visit Lebanon.
Lebanese heritage and traditions will continue, it is a beautiful small country with diversities of people dreaming to make the country beautiful regardless their political views, willing to live in Lebanon with a simple life, and willing to make this small country a proud strong nation with dignity.
And as they said, “Lebanon is the heaven of God on earth”!