Investment Incentives in Taiwan
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- "Industrial Technology Development Program"
- Privileged Domains
- Manufacturing, IT, electronics.
- Privileged geographical sectors
The first free trade/free port zone began operation at Keelung, Taiwan's northern port, in November 2004. Another four have been
established in 2005. These four are located at Taoyuan International Airport and the international harbors in Kaohsiung, Taichung, and Taipei. Taiwan authorities have relaxed restrictions on movement of merchandise, capital and personnel into and out of such zones.
Taiwan has also over 70 industry clusters devoted to manufacturing products like Hsin Chu, Tainam.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Kaohsiung Harbor, Taichung Harbor, Taipei Harbor, Keelung Harbor, and Taoyuan International Airport.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Under the Statute for Upgrading Industry (SUI), which has been revised and extended to the end of 2009, various tax incentives are available including accelerated depreciation of capital equipment, investment tax credits of 5–20% of the cost of qualifying investments (35% of the cost of qualified R&D and training) and tax holidays for up to five years for the newly emerging, important and strategic industries qualifying for a shareholders’ investment tax credit. For more information, consult the Taiwan Investment Guide.
- Useful Links
Invest in Taiwan.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: