Contracts in Taiwan
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||0.62||0.29||0.27||0.31|
|Rate of Activity (%)||1.6||1.3||1.5||1.2|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||4.4||4.1||3.9||3.9|
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2007|
|Administration & management||3.4%|
|Server and sales||12.7%|
Management of Human Resources
- Type of Contract
- It depends on the company. In general contracts offer little protection. The open ended contract does not exist.
- Breach of Contracts
- 65 years or work for 30 years. Upon retirement, an employee may currently receive benefits from two sources. One is from the
company, if he or she works for a Labor Standards Law (LSL) covered company, which may provide up to 45 months of full salary for 30 years of service. The other source is the old age benefit of the Labor Insurance (LI), which provides up to 45 months of the LI insured salary.
- Dismissal is possible at any time but some notice is necessary. Severance pay increases with seniority.
- Cases of Dispute
- The labor dispute cases are decreasing since 2003. The majority of these disputes were in the following areas: wages, labor contracts, occupational hazards, retirement, labor insurance, welfare benefits, and management. More information available on Invest in Taiwan (investment guide).
- Legal Framework
- Information available on HG and on Invest in Taiwan (investment guide).
- Taiwan's civil litigation system is based primarily on the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure, which was enacted in 1930 and has been amended 12 times since then.
- Legal Framework
- The Code of Civil Procedure.
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- Unions have little power and strikes are rare.
Taïwan Confederation of Union Trade
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Contracts in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: