Employees in Taiwan
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 48 hours per week or 8 hours per day.
- Maximum Duration
- 2 hours.
- Night Hours
- 2 hours.
- Working Rest Day
- Every 2 weeks would include two rest days.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- Work for 1~3 year could have 7 days paid annual vacations.
Work for 3~5 years could have 10 days paid annual vacations.
Work for 5~10 years could have 14 days paid annual vacations.
Over 10 years, could have 1 more day each year, maximum 30 days.
More information available on Invest in Taiwan (investment guide).
- Retirement Age
- 65 years or work for 30 years.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Minimum 15 years old.
- Informal Labor Market
- Quite important.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- 17280 NTD
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Taïwan is NTD 39,522 (USD 1,200) for women and NTD 49,705 (USD 1,500) for men.
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- Less than 2 hours: Regular wage (one hour) + 1/3 regular wage (one hour).
More than 2 hour: Regular wage (one hour) + 2/3 regular wage (one hour).
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Double regular wage (one day).
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Only basic care. More information on the website of the Bureau of national health insurance and on Invest in Taiwan (investment guide).
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 4.55%. More information on the website of the Bureau of national health insurance.
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 4.55%. More information on the website of the Bureau of national health insurance.
- Competent Organization
Bureau of National health Insurance
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: