Reaching the Consumer in Taiwan
- Growing Sectors
Recreational and cultural service sector
Communication & Transportation sector
Medical and health care sector
- Consumer Behavior
- Consumers are loyal to brands. The leading brands dominate the market completely (especially in agri-food). However, the Taiwanese are very attentive to prices; a brand or a store which put its prices up would lose customers immediately. Food purchases are made as and when needed, and national and Japanese products are the most frequently bought.
- Consumer Profile and Purchasing Power
- The Taiwanese consumer is also keen on new products especially in the high-tech sector.
- Consumer Recourse to Credit
- People frequently resort to credit and this has seen a large increase over the last few years. However, seeing the rising number of households in debt, the government is trying to limit the use of credit.
- Consumers Associations
CPC , Consumer Protection Commission
Net Consumers Association
Media in Which to Advertise
TV advertising makes it possible to reach a large number of consumers,
but it is very expensive and so it is reserved for companies with a
substantial advertising budget. Cable channels make it possible to
reach a more specialized audience.
CHINESE TV SYSTEM
TTV-TAÏWAN TV ENTERPRISE
The press is the way to reach the greatest number of consumers.
This reaches young consumers more especially.
- In Transportation Venues
Advertising is shown on transport, with posters on buses and also television screens inside which broadcast adverts.
This media is used but not so useful. Consumers from everywhere in the country can be reached.
- New Technologies (E-Marketing, SMS, etc.)
Younger consumers are easy to reach by SMS.
- Main Advertising Agencies
Main Principles of Advertising Regulations
standard of advertisement and promotion of the liquor should indicate
obviously "Overdrink will hurt health" or other warning on the ad, and
cannot have the following situation: against the public rules or
virtuous customs, encourage people to drink, hurt the health in mind
and body of pregnant woman and teenagers.
Children and teenagers could not appear or give off sound in the ad. Must not sell to Children and teenagers, and could not play between, before or after the programs for Children and teenagers.
- Cannot advertise cigarettes. Cigarettes can not be the gift of sales or present. Cigarettes sellers could not auspice in name of band of cigarettes.
cannot advertise for drugs. Before advertise the drugs, all publication
broadcasts should be examined by health controlling orgization.
Medicine advertisement, after approving, its validity duration is a
The medicine advertisement cannot advertise by having interview or reports.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Reaching the Consumer in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: