Accounting in Taiwan
- Accounting Standards
- Taiwan's accounting principle follows the accounting standards promulgated by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
- Accounting Regulation Bodies
- Directorate-general of budget, accounting and statistics.
- Accounting Law
- Consult the website of Accounting research and development foundation in Taiwan.
- Difference Between National and International Standards (IAS/IFRS)
- The Financial Accounting Standards Committee (FASC) of the Accounting Research and Development Foundation in Taiwan has made much effort to converge with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) since 1999. Although most of the IFRSs have been incorporated into Taiwanese standards, there are still some important standards that need to be issued and revised in the near future in order to fully converge with IFRSs. See the comparison between IFRS and Taiwanese GAAP on Accounting research and development foundation in Taiwan.
- Accounting News
- Accounting research and development foundation in Taiwan.
- Tax Year
- The fiscal year begins on January 1st and ends on December 31st of the same year.
- Accounting Reports
- The Financial Accounting Standards Committee has been deliberating on the revised draft since May 22, 2008. The revised Statement which is equivalent to IFRS 8 is expected to be finished in 2009.
Consult the website of Accounting research and development foundation in Taiwan.
- Publication Requirements
- Each company has to produce a balance sheet and a profit and loss account for each accounting year.
- Access the accounting association of Taiwain and the Accounting Research and Development Foundation ( ARDF).
- Professional Accountancy Bodies
- The Department of Accounting
- Member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Taiwan is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Member of Other Federation of Accountants
- Audit Bodies
- A Taiwan company with paid-in capital equal to or exceeding NTD 30 million must have a statutory audit financial statement. For more information, you can contact the Accounting research and development foundation in Taiwan.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Accounting in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: