Corporate Tax in Taiwan
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Resident and non-resident companies are charged in the same way concerning taxation. They're charged on worldwide income generated in Taiwan. If a person resides in Taiwan less than 90 days in a year, the tax rate will be 20%.
Over 90 days, the tax rate is the normal tax rate for local residents, no matter whether Taiwanese or foreigners.
|Corporate tax||Progressive rate|
|NTD 0 - 50,000||0%|
|NTD 50,001 to 100,000||15% but the tax may not exceed 50% of the excess of taxable profit.|
|NTD 100,001 and over||25%|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Resident and non-resident companies are charged in the same way concerning taxation.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are taxed in the same way as ordinary income.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Consult the PKF 2009 Tax guide.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Real Property Tax (Land Value Tax) of 1 to 5.5%; Deed Tax is imposed on the transfer of real estate at tax rates varying from 2% to 6%.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Taiwan||East Asia & Pacific||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||17.0||24.5||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||269.0||218.2||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||41.9||35.4||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: