Personal Tax in Taiwan
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- Individual income tax is levied on the Taiwan-source income of both resident and non-resident individuals.
|Individuals income tax||Progressive rate from 6% to 40%.|
|From NTD 0 to 410,000||6%|
|From NTD 410,001 to 1,090,000||13%|
|From NTD 1,090,001 to 2,180,000||21%|
|From NTD 2,180,001 to 4,090,000||30%|
|Beyond NTD 4,090,001||40%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Medical care and insurance allowances, Losses of goods due to natural disasters and Loans interests paid for the purchase of the main home are often deductible. Non-residentsare not entitled to personal exemptions or deductions.
For additional information consult the 2009 Taiwan Tax Guide of PKF.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- For non-residents, income tax is computed on a gross basis and tax is collected via withholding, at a progressive rate of up to 40%.
- Capital Tax Rate
- No capital tax.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: