Business Travel in Taiwan
- Passport and Visa Service
Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Diplomatic Representations
List of the embassies on the website of the Ministry of foreign affairs.
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- There are plenty of taxis (painted in yellow). All taxi drivers speak Chinese; many speak at least some English. In Taipei, you could take bus and metro. It?s convenient and safe. One bus ticket for adult is 15 NTD. One metro ticket is from 20 to 65 NTD (depends the distance). Language of the signalization in the urban transports: Chinese, English.
- Maps of Urban Networks
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Taipei - Taoyuan Intl (TPE)||40 km/25 Miles SW of Taipei City; 13 km/8 Miles NW of Taoyuan; 40 km/25 Miles NE of Hsinchu.||Tapei: TWD 125-145 / 35-45 min||-||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Voyaging by train is convenient and inexpensive.
- Rail Companies
Taiwan high speed rail
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Eva Airways||Low cost||No||No|
|Fast Eastern Air Transport||Major||Yes||Yes|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- Driving or riding motorcycles is dangerous and should be avoided, even by experienced motorcyclists. Substandard road conditions and local disregard for traffic laws result in frequent accidents that cause serious and even fatal injuries to foreigners. Mountain roads are narrow, winding, and poorly banked.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Different Forms of Tourism
- Temples, old Taiwanese Hakka, Chinese style house, and the heritages from colonial age. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Temples, museums, historical sites, traditional arts and cuisine. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Natural parks, forest recreation areas, national scenic areas and ecotourism. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Taiwan's temples, of which there are more than 5,000, lie at the core of the island's religious life as active places of worship. Most temples are either of Taoist, Buddhist, or the less ornate Confucian styles. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- There are many geothermal hot springs throughout Taiwan. The warm waters of these springs, heated and charged by the earth's own energy, are believed to soothe, revitalize and reinvigorate the body. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- In south and north of Taiwan. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Winter Sports
- No winter sports.
- Outdoor Activities
- Climbing, mountain biking, rafting, scuba diving, golf, surfing, Sailing and Windsurfing. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Taiwan is an excellent shopping destination, with everything from Ultra-modern shopping malls to traditional markets offering a wide array of goods. Visit the website of Taiwan.net.
- Tourism Organizations
Taiwan Tourism Bureau
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
Routine vaccination: Hepatitis B vaccine, DTP(Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis), poliomyelitis vaccine(OPV), MMR, BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin) vaccine, Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine.
Required vaccination: yellow fever, Cholera vaccine, Meningococcal vaccine.
Recommended vaccination: Hepatitis A vaccine, Rabies Vaccine, flu vaccine.
- International Hospitals
- List of hospitals.
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
Department Of Health.
Center for Disease Control.
Bureau of Health Promotion.
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
US Department of state information.
|Ambulance and Fire||119|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
It is %T:%M %A In Taipei (GMT+8)
- Summer Time Period
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
Subtropical; marine; rainy season during southwest monsoon (June to August); cloudiness is persistent and extensive all year.
A subtropical climate with moderate temperatures in the north, where there is a winter season. The southern areas, where temperatures are slightly higher, enjoy sunshine every day, and there is no winter season. The typhoon season is from June to October.
- For Further Information
Central weather Bureau
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- Taiwan is famous for great seafood dishes like grilled or steamed squid, prawn or shrimp. Authentic Taiwanese cooking is also known as Holo or Minnanese. Ginger is the most common spice added. Other food specialties include shrimp rolls, fried eel, baked clams and crabs with rich ginger honey sauce. When frying, Taiwanese use pork fat which provide instant flavor to meats. Dumplings and dimsum are also common in Taipei.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Culinary restrictions are different from one religion to another.
- Domestic Currency
- New Taiwan Dollar
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- Foreign currencies can be exchanged at government-designated banks and hotels.
- Possible Means of Payment
- Cash, major credit cards such as American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Diners Club are accepted and traveler's checks may be cashed at foreign-exchange banks, some tourist-oriented businesses, and (by room guests) most international tourist hotels.
- Official Language
- Mandarin Chinese.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Official language: Chinese mandarin, although the Min Nan Hua Taiwanese (dialect of the South of Fujian) and the Hakka (indigenous language) are widely spoken.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Consult Go2taiwan.net.
- Free Translation Tools
Yahoo Dictionnary :
- To Find an Accommodation
Consult the website Asia Hotel.
Consult the website Asia Hotel.
Consult the website Asia Rooms, Youth hostels.
- To Find an Apartment
- To Find a Job
104 Human Resource Agency
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Business Travel in Taiwan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: