Business Travel in Thailand
- Passport and Visa Service
- Diplomatic Representations
List of Thai embassies abroad.
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- Using taxi is the most practical way of traveling in every Thai city.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Bangkok - Don Muang Intl (DMK)||24 km / 15 miles||THB 300-350 / 30-90 min||THB 100 / 40-60 min||THB 5 / 60 min||-|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- It is easy to travel within Thailand using airlines and road and public transport.
- Rail Companies
State railways of Thailand
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Thai Airways InterNational||Major||yes||Yes|
|Sky Star Airways||Major||yes||Yes|
|Portal on Thai Airlines||All||All||Tout|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Different Forms of Tourism
- -In Bangkok: Wat Po (the oldest temple of Bangkok and the biggest convent of Thailand) and the Great Palace
-In Phuket: the Chinese and Buddhist temples.
-In the Northeast: the Khmer temples and the Thai silk manufacture.
-Islands and beaches located in the Bay of Thailand
- You can access information on tourism and culture in Thailand on tourismthailand.org.
- You can access information on tourism and nature in Thailand on Thailand Tourism Directory website.
- You can access information on tourism and religious sites on The Thailand Tourism Directory website.
- Located inside Mae Ka Sa village, the Mae Ka Sa Thermal bath offers several thermal baths with beautiful scenery. Go to this link.
- You can access information on the best beaches in Thailand on this link.
- Winter Sports
- Outdoor Activities
- Thailand is a popular holiday destination for young backpackers, partly because of the multitude of outdoor adventure activities that can be done at a fraction of the cost in other countries.
- You can access information on tourism and shopping on The Thailand Tourism Directory website.
|Top Highlights of the Country|
|Ko Chang's mountainous interior.|
|Phi-Phi Leh and Phi-Phi Don.|
|Party island Ko Samui .|
|Sirinat National Park.|
|The Khmer temple complex at Phanom Rung.|
- Tourism Organizations
Tourism Authority of Thailand
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
- To be involved in a road accident or to suffer from vehicle pollution ranks higher on the scale of potential health hazards than do malaria or cholera in Thailand. Precaution measures for diarrhea and for typhoid are recomanded. Avoid uncooked food and take standard bottled or boiled water. Booster vaccination is available at most Thailand medical centers. Get hepatitis A vaccination at a reputed medical center. Take the common precautions against water-borne diseases to prevent Hepatitis E. Hepatitis B vaccination is also available at most medical centers. Get Japanese encephalitis shots before entering Thailand if you've plans to stay long in the countryside. If you are visiting Thailand during monsoon (May-September), use mosquito repellant at all times.
- International Hospitals
- There are several international hospitals in Bangkok and some capital cities (Phuket, Koh Samui...).
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
Travel Health Advisory group
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
Worldworx web site
|Police Fire Brigade||199|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
- It is %T:%M %A In Bangkok (GMT+7 )
- Summer Time Period
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
- Thailand's climate is tropical, high both in temperature and humidity, and dominated by monsoons. April and May are the hottest months of the year. June sees the beginning of the monsoon, and brings with it the rainy season, which continues intermittently until the end of October. From November to the end of February the climate is cooler and there is a reduction in the humidity level. This is also the main tourist season, and the best time to visit Thailand.
- For Further Information
World travel guide.
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- Thailand's cuisine is regarded by many people as one of the best in the world. Since the 1970s, Thai cuisine has become a public cuisine internationaly. Bangkok today has hundreds of cooking schools. A good Thai meal typically includes a blend of spicy, mild, sweet, and sour dishes. Among the most popular Thai dishes are curries made with coconut milk, shrimp paste, garlic, chili peppers, and seasonings such as coriander, lemongrass, galangal, and Kaffir lime leaves. The Thai use fish sauce—today a commercially prepared extract—as a basic ingredient for many dishes in the same way that the Chinese use soy sauce. Although rice is fundamental to Thai cuisine, the Thai have adopted many foods, such as noodles, that form a basic element of Chinese and Chinese cuisine.
- Beers, wines and spirits are readily available . A big favourite among Thai people is rice whisky of which Mehkong is the leading brand. It has a sharp, sweet taste similar to rum. Several brands of beer are produced in Thailand, most popular is the local Singha beer.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Although most Thais are Buddhists, there are no food restrictions in Thailand.
- Domestic Currency
- Thailand Baht
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- The local currency is the Thai Baht (THB). It is availble at ATM in Airports and cities and in all bureaux de change.
- Possible Means of Payment
- All type of credit card. It is also important to have cash available.
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- English is a second language taught in most schools . However it may be difficult to find people able to speak English as only 28 % of the population reach the secondary level at school. Chinese is also often used.
- Business Language
- Thai and English.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Free online Thai lessons are available on the Learning Thai website.
- Free Translation Tools
Thai Visa Forum : Portal of on-line dictionaries and thai language ressources
Thai 2 English : Translation tool
- To Find an Accommodation
- To Find an Apartment
Thai apartment web site.
Thai Apartment web site.
Thailand homes online.
- To Find a Job
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore