Business Practices in Tunisia
- The Fundamental Principles of Business Culture
- The principles appreciated in business are: courtesy, formal relations, mutual confidence and respect. It may be useful to set up a network of business acquaintances.
- First Contact
- Take an appointment at least two weeks ahead of time. Avoid July and August when people often take their holidays. If necessary, let your contacts know if something crops up.
- Shake hands with the person you are meeting and address him/ her by name putting Monsieur or Madame before it.
- How to Present Yourself
- Begin by introducing yourself saying "Enchanté" (Pleased to meet you), then give your first name and surname.
- Business Relations
- Tunisians are very warm people and it is common to talk business in a restaurant. They like people to get to know their culinary culture.
- In business, exchanges of gifts are enjoyed especially at the end of year holidays.
- Business Communication
Be patient as negotiations can take a long time and you may have to wait for decisions to be made.
Avoid confrontations or pressure tactics, but do not hesitate to debate and defend your point of view. A very precise written contract will make the agreement official.
- Dress Code
- Discreet and stylish, rather conservative for the first meeting, then adapted according to the appointment. Men wear classic, dark suits.Women wear plain suits.
- Visiting Cards
- They are exchanged at the beginning or at the end of the first meeting, without any particular formality.
- For Further Information
Doing business In Tunisia
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Business Practices in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: