Investment Incentives in Tunisia
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Tax relief on income or profits reinvested, up to 35% of income or profits subject to tax
- Exemption from Customs duty on capital goods when nothing similar is manufactured locally
- VAT limited to 10% when importing capital goods
- Possibility of choosing the regime of sliding scale amortizement for production material and equipment which is used for more than seven years.
- Privileged Domains
- Creating jobs, national and regional development, the agri-food field, protection of the environment, aid for Research and Development.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
There are two free zones in Tunisia:
- the Bizerte Free Zone
- the Zarzis Free Zone.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- New investments, mainly in agriculture, industrial service and tourism sectors benefit from tax incentives, including full or partial exemption from corporate and income tax, VAT on imports, customs duties and consumption tax. Tax relief may also be obtained for reinvested earnings and profits, but a 10% corporate tax rate will be introduce in January 2011 on corporations involved in export or established in Activities Parks and on international trade companies. For more information on tax incentive programs you can contact the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency (FIPA).
- Useful Links
Agency for the Promotion of Investment
The Tunisian Export Exchange
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: