Employees in Tunisia
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 40h or 48h according to the regime.
- Maximum Duration
- Working Rest Day
- Sunday for public administrations
- Paid Annual Vacation
- 30 days or 5 weeks of annual vacation.
- Retirement Age
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- Decree n ° 2007-2079 of 14/08/2007 established:
- the minimum monthly salary is 239.824 TND and 207.828 TND according to the number of working hours per week (respectively 48 and 40);
- the minimum hourly wage is 1.153 TND and 1.199 TND according to the number of working hours per week (respectively 48 and 40).
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Health Insurance: cover for all or part of the expenses for health, maternity, disability, or death not linked to the exercise of one's professional activity. Industrial accidents and professional illnesses: cover for all or part of the expenses for illness, disability, or death linked to the exercise of one's professional activity.
- Old age: taking care of pensions for people who have previously exercised a professional activity. Family allowances: cover for all or part of family expenses relative to children, housing, etc.
- Unemployment: cover for all or part of the wages not received during periods of unemployment.
- Welfare: financial aid for people whose resources are too low to face needs created by handicap, age, illness, or social or economic difficulties, when the other forms of solidarity (social insurance or family solidarity) are insufficient or non-existent.
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 16.57% (Old age, invalidity, survivors: 7.76%; Sickness, maternity: 5.08%; Family benefits: 2.21%; Other services: AT / MP, PST, FSE: 1.51%).
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 9.18% (Old age, invalidity, survivors: 4.73%; Sickness, maternity: 3.16%; Family benefits: 0.88%; Other services: AT/MP, PST, FSE: 0.38%).
- Competent Organization
Ministry of Vocational Training and Employment
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: