Sourcing in Tunisia
- Type of Production
- Tunisia has an industrial fabric composed of nearly 10 000 companies. Besides the traditional sectors, new sectors such as electronics, automobile assembly and the chemical industry are developing rapidly. The main industrial sectors in Tunisia are: textiles, leather and shoes, the agri-food industry, mechanics, electronics and the chemical industry. The agri-food industry and the textile industry represent respectively 28.9% and 21.9% of the GDP of the manufacturing industry.The contribution of the industrial sector to the Tunisian GDP in current prices was 27.7% in 2004.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Agency for the Promotion of Industry (API)
Tunisian union of industry, trade and handicrafts (UTICA)
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- The agri-food industry and the textile industry (clothing) are the most important in Tunisia. They represent respectively 28.9% and 21.9% of the GDP of the manufacturing industry.
- Subcontracting in Tunisia occupies an important place in the industrial fabric. It is especially well developed in the fields of electrics-electronics, the plastics industry and above all the textile industry.
- Useful Resources
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Afribiz.net provides premium content, resources, tools, insights, and strategy for doing business and investing in Africa.
Afribiz Division, Conceptualee, Inc. on 27 Dec 2010 related to Sourcing in Tunisia
How2Go Consultoría de Internacionalización on 4 Jun 2014 related to Sourcing in Tunisia
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...
Africa Business & Investment, South Africa