Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Tunisia
- Nature of the Tax
- Value added tax (TVA)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
Reduced rate of 10% applicable to companies whose activity is agricultural or in crafts, buying groups, service cooperatives set up between producers, consumer cooperatives and the acquisition of vehicles for the renewal of the fleet cars like taxi or rental.
Reduced rate of 6% for operations on goods and services. Consult the list of operations concerning goods and services subject to VAT at 6% ;
Reduced rate of 12% for operations on goods, activities and services. Consult the list of operations concerning products, activities and services subject to VAT at 12%.
According to the article 12 of decree No. 2009-3836 of december 30, 2009, the VAT payable on vegetable oils and refined raw food intended to be packaged for retail sale and imported by persons authorized by the relevant departments of the Ministry of Commerce and crafts is suspended.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Exports are zero-rated as far as VAT is concerned.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- VAT due on purchases necessary to carry out operations subject to VAT is deductible from the VAT collected on sales turnover. This operation is carried out when putting in the monthly VAT declaration. If the VAT due for a given month does not allow the deduction of all the VAT borne by the company for carrying out operations on which VAT is due, the outstanding amount constitutes a tax credit which will be deducted in later months or refunded in certain conditions.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Tax on luxury products: 29%
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: