Corporate Tax in Tunisia
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Foreign companies are taxed on the profit they make in Tunisia.
|For petroleum, hydrocarbons, telecommunications companies||35%|
|Agriculture and fishing companies.||10%|
|Corporate tax on profits derived from Export from 2011||The rate will be 10%|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Specific advantages such as exemption from corporate tax for 10 years and a reduction of 50% of the tax base from the 11th year on and for unlimited duration, exemption from registration fees, total exemption from duties and taxes on capital goods including goods transport equipment, materials, semi-finished products and services necessary for the activity are granted to fully exporting companies.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Access the Ministry of Finance website on corporate tax.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Expenses are deductible for depreciation or amortization, reserves, rents for premises and equipment, wages, etc. There are tax credits for apprenticeships especially.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Payroll tax: a 1% of employees gross salary (in the manufacturing sector) professionnal training tax is levied.(2% in other sectors).
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Tunisia||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||8.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||144.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||62.8||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: