Dining in Tunisia
- Categories of Restaurant
- Sandwiches, salads and cooked dishes. Located in the city center.
- More elaborate cooking. Located in the city center or at the seaside.
- City center restaurants
- Regional and traditional specialties
- Rules For Eating Out
- The prices displayed in restaurants and cafés are shown with taxes and service included. A tip is not compulsory, but people often leave change on the table after paying the bill (about 1 TND).
|Economy Meal||6 TND|
|Medium Price Meal||10 TND|
|Good Quality Meal||20 TND|
- Food Specialties
Tunisian cuisine is famous for its lamb-based dishes. You can find the following specialties: couscous, tagines, dishes prepared with sheets of "bric" pastry (like filo pastry).
Tunisian dishes are very aromatic. Cumin, coriander, saffron, cinnamon, aniseed, mint, orange, rose water are all used.
- The Tunisian specialty is mint tea after meals or lemonade with almonds. In winter, people often drink fresh orange juice.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Pork is prohibited and the sale of alcohol is restricted.
- Table Manners
- The rules at table are not strict. Before starting, you wish everyone "bon appétit" (Chahia Taiba). Tunisians eat with cutlery and at a table. In the south of the country, people more often eat at a low table, sitting on a Berber carpet.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: