Sightseeing in Tunisia
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
Tunis is rich in fine architecture.
Many archeological sites are part of the world heritage (Carthage, El Jem, etc.).
Islamic ceramics museum (Tunis), The Bardo Museum (Tunis), National museum of Islamic art (Kairouan).
Sculpture, Paintings, Theater, Concerts, Cinema, Literature, etc.
- Many natural and wildlife parks.
- Mosques, especially those of Tunis and Kairouan.
- The hot spring areas of Korbouse, Khebayet at Gabès, Hammam bent Jedidi.
- All Tunisia's beaches are on the Mediterranean. The one at Djerba is especially renowned.
- Outdoor Activities
- In the south of Tunisia, you can do guided tours in the Sahara in 4x4s or by camel.
Several shopping malls and other shopping places such as Centre el Menzah6 or Berges du Lac.
For local craftsmanship, you will find souks in Tunis or any other town. Be careful, it is common to haggle over prices.
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|The Medina of Tunis|
|Dar Ben Abdallah Museum|
|Bardo National Museum|
|The Zawiyya of Sidi Kaçim Az-Zaligi|
|The Bab Bhar Gate
|The Kasbah Square|
|Saint Vincent de Paul Cathedral|
|The Belvédère Park|
|Top Highlights of the Country|
|Archeological site of Carthage|
|Ichkeul national park|
|Punic city of Kerkuane and its necropolis|
|Medina of Sousse|
|Dougga / Thugga|
|Amphitheater of El Jem|
|The village of Sidi-Bou-Said|
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 154/175
Evolution: 11 places down compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Freedom of Assembly
- Rule of Law
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- Women's Condition
- Equality of status and freedom.
- For Further Information
Ministry of Justice
The Freedom House report
- Degree of Freedom
- Muslims 98%, Christians 1%, Jews 1%
- Role of Religion in Society
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sightseeing in Tunisia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: