Contracts in Turkey
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force||25 208 000||24 776 000|
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||1.74||0.86|
|Rate of Activity (%)||43.1||43.2|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||9.8||9.9|
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2006|
|Employees - Workers - Salaried Staff||57.0%|
|Other non-salaried workers (Farmers...)||15.0%|
- For Further Statistics
State Planning Organization
Management of Human Resources
- Method of Recruitment
- Applications are made more and more by Internet. The method of recruitment in Turkey is by face to face interview.
- Recruitment Agencies
- Independent, well-known recruitment agencies:
Heidrick & Struggles,
Agencies specialized in temporary work: Adecco, etc
- Recruitment Websites
Insan Kaynaklari (Ernest & Young)
- Type of Contract
- The work contract is first and foremost governed by individual negotiation.
The formality of the work contract and the conditions of dismissal are rigid. Dismissals have to be justified only if the number of employees in the firm is more than 30.
- Breach of Contracts
- Retirement at 55 for men and 50 for women.
The employer initiates dismissals:
- redundancy is either individual or mass redundancy
- dismissal for professional misconduct
- Other Possible Methods
- Resignation; this is initiated by the employee.
- Labor Laws
Ministry of Justice information website
Ministry of Justice
- Cases of Dispute
- Physical violence, harassment, working conditions, pay....
- Legal Framework
Conciliation : conciliation between the parties is achieved. If there is no conciliation, the procedure is sent before the judgement bureau.
Judgement : the case is judged by members of the Industrial Tribunal.
- Defined in the Labor Code
- Legal Framework
- Click here
- Competent Legal Body
- The Industrial Tribunal
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- In general, the power of the unions is not at all strong.
- Unionization Rate
- The unionization rate in Turkey is quite low. The unions are stronger in the public or semi-public sectors.
- Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Labor
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Experts Views (1)
Find the related Turkish companies with Kompass:
Support for your business