Corporate Tax in Turkey
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Turkish companies are taxed on their global income, while companies whose headquarters and "effective management" are abroad are only taxed on their income in Turkey. For additional information access the Invest in Turkey website (in english).
|Corporate tax rate||20%|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Long term capital gains are taxed in Turkey at the normal corporate income tax rate.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- 40% of expenses for research and development inside a company are deductible from the tax base. For further details on company tax deduction, consult the Revenue Administration.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- For further information on company other taxes, consult the Revenue Administration.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Turkey||Eastern Europe & Central Asia||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||15.0||41.7||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||223.0||313.9||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||44.5||41.2||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Turkey!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Turkish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: