Communications in Turkey
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- There are several other Altaic languages as well as minorities speaking Kurdish, Greek, Armenian, Bulgarian, Albanian or Circassian. English, French or German are languages used fairly frequently in trade.
- Business Language
- English is very commonly used in business.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- The alphabet is composed of 29 letters, 8 of which are vowels, and writing is phonetic.. The q, the w, the x do not exist, while there are some additional letters: ç, g, i, ö, s and ü.
- Free Translation Tools
Lexilogo : On-line French/Turkish dictionary
- Quality of Communications
- Very good: land-line telephone, GSM and Internet are used a lot.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Turkey, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Turkey, Dial +90
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- 10 digits (3 for the region, 3 for the town and 4 for the subscriber)
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- European Standard
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Turkcell, Vodafone, Avea
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Superonline, mynet, ttnet
- Access in Public Places
- Very little free Wifi access including in stations and airports. However, many Internet cafés exist.
- Access in Hotels
- Yes, except in pansiyon which sometimes have a free access station.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Turkey!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Turkish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: