Dining in Turkey
- Categories of Restaurant
- Kebab (Kebabci? and lokantasi)
- Restaurants serving kebab, meat on skewers and other meat-based specialties
- Ev yemekleri
- Traditional cuisine (understand home cooking) .
- Inns serving meze which are eaten with Raki
- Balik restaurant
- Fish restaurants which are often also Inns.
- Rules For Eating Out
- The Turks eat outside a lot. There are no particular rules. However, check prices in advance in restaurants serving alcohol or fish to avoid unpleasant surprises.
|Economy Meal||5 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||15 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||Between 50 and 100 EUR|
- Food Specialties
Turkish cuisine is well known internationally. It is renowned for its varied, spicy dishes.
Among the many Turkish specialties, we can name the famous kebabs (roast beef or chicken), Lahmacun (ground meat pizza), Cacik (a cold soup), aubergine specialties (Karniyarik and Patlican Tava) and oriental pastries: Baklava and Kadayif.
Ayran, based on yoghurt, is the traditional drink. Turks are also keen on tea (Cay) and coffee (very strong).
There is very good locally produced beer and an aniseed spirit called Raki.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Pork is prohibited in Turkey.
- Table Manners
- Table manners are continental. In some places, people eat sitting round a large dish.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Turkey!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Turkish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: