Travel Security in Turkey
- Obligatory Vaccination and Other Recommendations
There is no obligatory vaccination. It is necessary to update your diphtheria - tetanus - poliomyelitis vaccination. Other vaccinations which can be advisable (according to conditions of hygiene and the length of your stay): typhoid fever, viral hepatitis A and B.
There are sporadic outbreaks of malaria in the south-east of the country. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, transmitted by ticks, is present mainly in central Anatolia and on the Black Sea coast.
- For Further Information
Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
Guide du routard website
- The roads are safer than in Rome, Paris or London, including at night. However a large increase in pickpocketing has been observed. Be careful, too, of bag snatching. For further information, click here..
- Terrorist Risk
The many attacks which have struck Turkey since November 2003 show that there is a terrorist risk in the country, including for foreign tourists.
Traveling in certain areas of the south-east of the country is strictly advised against.
- Risk of Natural Disaster
- The greater part of Turkish territory is in an area of strong seismic activity. Earthquakes occur frequently.
- Traveling Women Conditions
- Women can travel alone in Turkey, so long as they observe a few basic rules. Clothing must be decent. Avoid looking men in the eyes. In buses and trains, women traveling alone are advised to sit next to other women. In the evening, they must avoid going out unaccompanied.
- For Further Information
guide du routard
Canadian Foreign Affairs website
French Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Travel Security in Turkey!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Turkish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: