Contracts in Ukraine
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force||22.6 million|
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-|
|Rate of Activity (%)||-|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||-|
Source: Ukranian statistics
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)|
Management of Human Resources
- Method of Recruitment
- Some agencies impose their own recruitment methods, some are go betweens.
- Recruitment Agencies
- There are different types of recruitment agencies in the Ukraine, either specialized in a precise area or targeted at temporary employment. Most of them have their own websites.
- Recruitment Websites
Work in Ukraine
Work in Kiev
Work in Kiev
- Type of Contract
- Employment contracts are regulated by law, collective agreements and individual negotiations. An employee is on probation of 1 to 3 months. During this period, the employee can be dismissed or confirmed. There are three employement contracts: Permanent, temporary and provisional.
- Breach of Contracts
- Retirement age is set at 60 years for men and 55 years for women. It can be premature in certain sectors.
- An employer can dismiss an employee for continued bad performance, serious fault, unjustifiable absence of more than 3 hours or prolonged illness of more than four months and company economic problems. An employee can resign with two weeks notice.
- Other Possible Methods
- For more information, refer to the report on the Ukranian employement market published on the Salans website.
- Labor Laws
- Legal Framework
- The law that deals with contentious matter between employers and employees in the Ukraine is the International Commercial Arbitration Act.
- In the case of a dispute. the parties can go to the Ukranian Tribunal of Commerce or an international court, by common agreement. Since 1994, parties can lodge an appeal with an international commercial arbitration court, which is a lot more advantageous.
- Competent Legal Body
- The body in charge of contetious matters between employers and employees in the Ukraine is the International Commercial Arbitration Court.
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- The Federation of Ukrainian Trade Unions, which unites 44 unions and 26 regional associations, brings together more than 10 million members.
- Unionization Rate
- The Ukraine has nearly 15 million unions for an active population of 22 million people.
Ukrainian Trade Union Federation
List of Ukrainian trade unions
- Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Labor and Social Policy
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Find out about procedure, cost and details for Registration of trade contracts in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 3 May 2011 related to Contracts in Ukraine
This article is about documents, required for customs clearance formalities in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 5 Feb 2011 related to Contracts in Ukraine
Find the related Ukrainian companies with Kompass:
Customs Broker, Legal Services, Ukraine