Trade Compliance in Ukraine
- International Conventions
- Member of
World Trade Organisation
Party to the Kyoto Protocol
Party to the Washington Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
Party to the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal
Party to the Montreal Protocol on Substances That Deplete the Ozone Layer
Party to the Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls For Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies
- Main International Economic Cooperation
- Ukraine is member of WTO since 2008.
- Party of the ATA Convention on Temporary Admissions and Use of the Carnets
As a Reminder, the ATA is a System Allowing the Free Movement of Goods Across Frontiers and Their Temporary Admission Into a Customs Territory With Relief From Duties and Taxes. The Goods Are Covered By a Single Document Known as the ATA Carnet That is Secured By an International Guarantee System.
Look Up the Other Member Countries And Read the Web Pages of the World Customs Organization Devoted to the ATA Carnet.
- Party of the TIR Convention
As a Reminder, the TIR Convention and its Transit Regime Contribute to the Facilitation of International Transport, Especially International Road Transport, Not Only in Europe and the Middle East, But Also in Other Parts of the World, Such as Africa and Latin America.
The UNCTAD Website Allows You to Read the TIR Convention, See the List of Member Countries And to Find Further Information.
- Accompanying Documents For Imports
- Goods exported to the Ukraine have to be accompanied by the following documents:
- The Single Administrative Document (SAD);
- The sale invoice, in triplicate;
- A phytosanitary certificate. It is required for fruits, vegetables, seeds and other vegetable matter and it is issued by the regional plant protection service;
- A health certificate. It is required for meats and is issued by the country authority for vetenary services;
- A certificate of origin. It should be drawn up on the community form;
- A free sales certificate for cosmetics, issued by the Federation of perfume industries;
- Transport documents and the packing list.
- Free Zones
- Ukraine has a large number of free trade zones and this number continues to grow due to its pro-active policy in this area.
- For Further Information
KMU Official Ukranian Customs website
Ministry of Economy of Ukraine
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
- Non Tariff Barriers
- The only important barrier to trade and investment in Ukraine is the country's difficulty in transiting from a planned economy to a market economy. Following economic reforms, the country experienced a relative success concerning export and investment.
There are real structural barriers putting a brake on trade and investment in Ukraine : corruption, lack of protection in terms of intellectual or industrial property, lack of foreign exchange, an ill defined or too bureaucratic hierarchy, an inefficient and little developed banking system, law, license and tariff changes... Investment is precisely curbed by the absence of private property and a coherent privatization programme, non convertibility of the country's currency and lack of financial liquidity, change of legislation relating to investment, lack of quality, lack of competitive prices for hiring or purchasing representative offices, poor infrastructures, political instability...
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Registration of food supplements in Ukraine, sanitary-epidemiological expertise of dietary supplements in Ukraine, documents for registration of food (dietary) supplements
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 3 Feb 2013 related to Trade Compliance in Ukraine
Find out about procedure, cost and details for Registration of trade contracts in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 3 May 2011 related to Trade Compliance in Ukraine
Find out about Customs valuation of import in Ukraine, customs value assessment, customs payments optimization, customs duties and taxes, tariff schedules
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 26 Feb 2011 related to Trade Compliance in Ukraine
Find out about procedure, cost and details for rapid customs clearance in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 13 Feb 2011 related to Trade Compliance in Ukraine
This article is about documents, required for customs clearance formalities in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 5 Feb 2011 related to Trade Compliance in Ukraine
Find the related Ukrainian companies with Kompass:
Customs Broker, Legal Services, Ukraine