Law and Compliance in Ukraine
- General Observation
- The contract has to define the description, the quantity, quality of the products and the length of the transaction.
- Law Applicable to the Contract
- Ukranian law is complex, however, it complies with international standards: Vienna Convention, UNIDROIT and the European Law on contracts. A contract should therefore comply with international and national laws.
- Advisable Incoterms
- Like the Economy Code, the October 1994 presidential resolution declared that all agreements should be subject to the Incoterms national and international regulations.
- Language of Domestic Contract
- Contracts are in Ukranian.
- Other Laws Which Can Be Used in Domestic Contracts
- The Civil and Economy Code are the two reference texts for drawing up a contract in the Ukraine.
Legal Framework of Business
Equity of Judgments
- Independence of Justice
- The judiciary is not totally independent in Ukraine. Judges are often penalized for independent decision making, and there is significant evidence of routine interference in judicial decisions by the government.
- Equal Treatment of Nationals and Foreigners
- Foreign nationals cannot expect an impartial trial from the country's judicial system.
- The Language of Justice
- The judicial language used in the country is Ukrainian and Russian.
- Recourse to an Interpreter
- Having an interpreter is possible.
- Legal Similarities
- The main source of the law is the constitution of 1996. The country's legal system is based on a civil law system and judicial reviews of various legislative acts.
The Different Legal Codes
|Labor Law||Law relating to employment rights, contracts, employment conditions and social and arbitration protection.|
|Commercial proceure law||Laws relating to relationships and conflicts between citizens, legal entities and the State. Laws relating to accountability issues.|
|Law on Foreign Investment in the Ukraine||Law of 1996.|
- Checking National Laws Online
- Other Useful Resources
The Ukraine Constitution
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine website
Ministry of Justice
Gateway to Ukranian law websites
- Country Guides
Research Guide to Ukrainian Law
Library of Congress - Guide to law online - Ukraine, Information gateway on laws in the Ukraine
Find Legal Experts in Ukraine on GlobalTrade.net.
|Common Law Court||Civil and criminal matters|
|Court of Appeal||Appeal of legal decisions|
|Common Law Supreme Court||Supreme Court of Appeal|
|Supreme Court of Commerce||Supreme Court of Appeal of Commerce|
|Constitutional Court||Specialised in constitutional justice matters|
|Tribunal of Commerce||Between legal or private entities who have an entrepreneurial status.|
|Arbitration Courts||Independent from the public legal system, they carrie out commercial arbitration in the classic sense of the word.|
- The Supreme Court of Ukraine (in Ukranian)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Registration and Use of Trademarks in Ukraine
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 30 Jun 2013 related to Law and Compliance in Ukraine
International commercial arbitration in Ukraine, enforcement and challenge of arbitral awards, representing interests of clients in the GAFTA, FOSFA Arbitrations
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 17 Feb 2013 related to Law and Compliance in Ukraine
The market of financial and legal services in Ukraine is comparatively young, thus offering a lot of opportunities for international and local companies in a number of areas.
UK Trade & Investment on 6 Feb 2013 related to Law and Compliance in Ukraine
Registration of food supplements in Ukraine, sanitary-epidemiological expertise of dietary supplements in Ukraine, documents for registration of food (dietary) supplements
Marketplace UkrRos LLC on 3 Feb 2013 related to Law and Compliance in Ukraine
The new issue of IBobserver has been released!
IBcontacts on 23 Aug 2012 related to Law and Compliance in Ukraine
Find the related Ukrainian companies with Kompass:
Customs Broker, Legal Services, Ukraine
United Kingdom Trade Promotion, the United Kingdom
Trade Finance, Ukraine