Communications in Ukraine
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- The Constitution protects minority languages, especially Russian which is spoken in the center, south and in the east of the country. Indeed, Russian speaking people are the most significant national minority in Ukraine (22%). Otherwise, the administration only uses Ukrainian. However, the majority of civil servants are bilingual, even if some of them prefer using Russian. In Crimea, the language spoken is Tatar. It is highly recommended to speak only Ukrainian in the western part of the country.
- Business Language
- Russian remains the language of business except in the west of the country. Although there are more and more people with some knowledge of English, an interpreter is often required.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Linguashop: Language learning software website.
- Free Translation Tools
Ukrainian Linguistic Resources on line : English-Ukrainian-English Dictionary
On-line translator "Multitran" : Translation of text and web pages
Translator "Travlang" : Typical phrases in Ukrainian
On-line translator "PROMPT" : Translation of text
- Quality of Communications
- The mobile telephone network coverage is uniform. The big towns are covered quite well, the rural areas are less well covered and certain areas are not covered at all.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Ukraine, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Ukraine, Dial +380
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM - 900, GSM – 1800, G3.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Kyivstar (in Ukranian), MTS, Life, Beeline, etc.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- Access in Public Places
- Internet cafes are numerous and cheap, especially in the big cities.
- Access in Hotels
- Practically all hotels of a certain standard, offer internet access in the big cities. One should check at the reception or when booking. Wifi is developing rapidly.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Ukraine!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Ukrainian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: