Domestic Transportation in Ukraine
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- The Ukraine has a relatively dense public transport network: trains, buses, minibuses, trolley buses, trams, taxis and subway in the big towns.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
- Urban Transport Agencies
Ukraine subway map
- Find an Itinerary
- Taxi Companies
Kiev taxi companies
VIP Taxi services
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Kiev - Boryspil(KBP)||29 km / 18 miles||UAH 100 / 25-40 min||UAH 20 / 40-60 min||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- The Ukraine offers a wide range of national means transport, serving all major towns: planes, trains, buses, minibuses and taxis are common and cheap.
- Rail Companies
Ukrainian railways (website in Ukranian or Russian).
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Traditional||Yes||Yes|
|Aerostar Airlines (website in Ukranian)||Charter||Yes||No|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- The road network is in poor condition. Drive carefully, avoid driving at night outside the cities, watch the behaviour of local people, who often do not respect the highway code or traffic rules generally. Also watch the pedestrians. Having an insurance for your vehicle is compulsory.
- Driver's License
- It is necessary to have an international drivers license in order to be able to drive in the Ukraine.
- Conditions For Renting a Vehicle
- Have a minimum of 21 years and a 3 years old drivers permit.
- Rental Agencies
Europcar Ukraine (airport)
Ukraine car rental
Ukraine car rental portals
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Rules of the Road
- Minimum Driving Age
- 18 years.
- Side of the Road For Driving
- Right - side traffic.
- Speed Limits
- In town: 60 km/h (sometimes 40 km/h). Speedway: 90 km/h (sometimes 110 km/h). Highway: 130 km/h.
- Safety Belts
- All passengers, including the driver, are required to wear a seat belt.
- Permitted Amount of Alcohol in the Blood
- The penalty for driving under alcoholic intoxication is 2550 - 3400 UAH (485 - 646 USD)
- National Roads Organizations
National Roads Department
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Domestic Transportation in Ukraine!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Ukrainian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: