Business Travel in Ukraine
- Passport and Visa Service
Consular services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Diplomatic Representations
Ukrainian Embassies and Consulates worldwide
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- The Ukraine has a relatively dense public transport network: trains, buses, minibuses, trolley buses, trams, taxis and subway in the big towns.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Kiev - Boryspil(KBP)||29 km / 18 miles||UAH 100 / 25-40 min||UAH 20 / 40-60 min||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- The Ukraine offers a wide range of national means transport, serving all major towns: planes, trains, buses, minibuses and taxis are common and cheap.
- Rail Companies
Ukrainian railways (website in Ukranian or Russian).
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Traditional||Yes||Yes|
|Aerostar Airlines (website in Ukranian)||Charter||Yes||No|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- The road network is in poor condition. Drive carefully, avoid driving at night outside the cities, watch the behaviour of local people, who often do not respect the highway code or traffic rules generally. Also watch the pedestrians. Having an insurance for your vehicle is compulsory.
- Road Maps
- Find an Itinerary
Different Forms of Tourism
- There are many castles and fortresses from the Middle Ages to visit in western Ukraine.
- Many festivals enliven Ukraine's cultural life.
- There are numerous sites in the country that are recognized by the
- Ukraine is the cradle of the Orthodox religion.
- The thermal towns are Truskavet, Morshyn et Skhidnytsia.
- Ukraine's most beautiful beaches are in the Crimea.
- Winter Sports
- Ukraine's winter tourism is concentrated in the Carpathian mountains.
- KievUkraine provides information on shopping in Kiev.
- Tourism Organizations
Information portal on tourism in Ukraine
National tourism organization (website in Ukrainian)
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
- There are no vaccination requirements for international travel.
However, the virulence of the swine 'flu (H1N1) forces travelers to seriously consider getting vaccinated against it. Likewise, there are areas in the country with risks of tuberculosis and where it is recommended to have the BCG vaccine. Lastly, the AIDS pandemic should not be ignored.
To avoid any risk of diphtheria, tourists and travelers who wish to travel, from spring to autumn outside large urban areas in the Ukraine, must absolutely be vaccinated against diphtheria and avoid, as far as possible, drinking tap water. Water taken from sources which are supposedly to be drinkable must be systematically boiled and if possible, filtered. Moreover, when walking in the forest, you should wear clothes which cover your arms and legs. This is because ticks, which carry encephalitis, fall from trees and attach themselves to exposed limbs.
- International Hospitals
- There are no international hospitals. The most esteemed private clinics are "Boris" and "Medicom". There is also the American Medical Center: Tel: 211.65.65.
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
US Department of State travel information
|Emergency services in English||112|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
- It is %T:%M %A In Kiev (GMT+2 in winter, GMT+3 in summer)
- Summer Time Period
- Summer time from March to October.
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
- Ukraine has a temperate continental climate and a Mediterranean type climate on the shores of the Black Sea and the Crimean peninsula. Average temperatures vary between -10 to +2°C in winter, and near +10°C in summer.
- For Further Information
Ukraine weather (website in Russian)
Weather Yahoo - Ukraine
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- - Vareniki: a sort of ravioli stuffed with soft white cheese, meat or potatoes;
- Borshch: a beetroot based soup;
- Pampushki: small fresh bread rolls which are eaten with borshch;
- Galushki: a kind of gnocchi served with sour cream;
- Salo: sliced, smoked bacon;
- Farshirovannie pertsi: stuffed sweet peppers; the stuffing is made of a mixture of ground meat and rice;
- Farshirovannie sinenkie - eggplant with a vegetable stuffing (carrot, onion, cabbage);
- Golubtsi - stuffed cabbage.
- Ukranian vodka is called the horilka or samohon if it is made at home. It can be flavored with honey or fruit. Ukranian wine is produced in Crimea. In terms of non-alcoholic drinks, there is kompot, which is fruit juice and the kvass, which is a traditional drink made from rye.
- Dietary Restrictions
- No specific culinary restrictions in Ukraine.
- Domestic Currency
- Ukrainian Hryvnia
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- There are very many places where you can change money and ATMs can be found in banks and shops in urban areas.
- Possible Means of Payment
- Cash is still the most common form of payment. However, payment by credit card is becoming more and more common.
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- The Constitution protects minority languages, especially Russian which is spoken in the center, south and in the east of the country. Indeed, Russian speaking people are the most significant national minority in Ukraine (22%). Otherwise, the administration only uses Ukrainian. However, the majority of civil servants are bilingual, even if some of them prefer using Russian. In Crimea, the language spoken is Tatar. It is highly recommended to speak only Ukrainian in the western part of the country.
- Business Language
- Russian remains the language of business except in the west of the country. Although there are more and more people with some knowledge of English, an interpreter is often required.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Linguashop: Language learning software website.
- Free Translation Tools
Ukrainian Linguistic Resources on line : English-Ukrainian-English Dictionary
On-line translator "Multitran" : Translation of text and web pages
Translator "Travlang" : Typical phrases in Ukrainian
On-line translator "PROMPT" : Translation of text
- To Find an Accommodation
- To Find an Apartment
Apartments to rent in the center of Kiev
Apartments to rent in the center of Odessa
Apartments to rent in the center of Kharkiv
Apartments to rent in the center of Lviv
Apartments to rent in the center of Donetsk
Apartments to rent in the center of Dnepropetrovsk
- To Find a Job
Work in Ukraine
Work in Kiev
Work in Kiev
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Poltava is a city located in the center of Ukraine. And unlike Kiev, it still managed to preserve some of its original beauty.
Alex Kravchenko , Consultant on 26 Dec 2012 related to Business Travel in Ukraine