Distribution Networks in the U.A.E.
Types of Outlet
- Traditional boutiques, Souk stalls
- These places are quite frequented by low income categories. They sell low to medium range products.
- Shopping centers
- These have witnessed booming growth with the wealth of the country and the development of tourism. A number of franchise stores are to be found.
Abu Dhabi Mall
- Specialised shops
- They offer luxury products in the area of gastronomy, alcohol, garments, fashion accessories, watches, etc
- Multi-product and multi-brand stores
- These are "department stores" which bring together diverse and multi-brand products.
- Shop in shop
- These are large "department stores" which bring together several luxury product brands in the same area in a dedicated location for each brand. This is a new concept very much in vogue in Dubai.
- Hotel boutiques
- They are specialised in luxury products.They are monopolised by some agent-importers who have signed exclusivity contracts with hotels and the hotel projects under execution.
- They are more and more popular. The sector is dominated by Carrefour and Casino. You can also find Spinney.
Evolution of the Retail Sector
- Growth and Regulation
- There are a number of selling methods possible in Emirates and among them direct selling can be pointed out. However this mode remains very less widespread.
The most widespread custom is to market your products through local commercial agent . It is recommended to choose from different distributors or commercial agents in each Emirate. Imports and exports of food products are typically entrusted to companies specialised in this field. This market is dominated by 5 or 6 companies. However, a growing number of food distributors import directly themselves become a distributor and a wholesaler for other more modest establishments. Finally, the companies have the tendency to use the geographical position of Dubai, which is in fact a regional hub, for stocking their goods in this Emirate before re-export to other markets as those of India or Iran. Moreover,the use of franchise has witnesses a significant expansion.
- Market Shares
- Supermarkets concentrate on the largest part of the market in the field of distribution with 49,2% of sales. The market leaders are the Groups Carrefour , Emke. and Spinney to a lesser extent. They are followed by bulk sales which realises 28.3% of the market share. In the third position are the shopping centers with 6%, then fairs and exhibitions with 1.5% finally followed by specialised stores with 0.2%.
- Organizations in the Retail Sector
Website of buyusainfo
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Logistic portal and Freight Exchange for companies worldwide
WiwTom.com on 18 Jul 2015 related to Distribution Networks in the United Arab Emirates
WiwTom - Logistic portal and Freight Exchange,Logistic portal and Freight Exchange for companies worldwide, available for companies operating in any segment...
We export stainless steel sheet from China., ChinaARTIST CHOICE METAL LIMITED was founded with one goal in mind: To...