Trade Disputes in the U.A.E.
- The arbitration procedure is known in Emirates but it is still not used much.
- Arbitration Law
- There is no special law regarding arbitration procedure in the Emirates. It is governed by the principles of the Civil Procedure Code.
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- The number of arbitrators depends on the contractual clauses.
- Arbitration Procedure
- The sentence shall be passed in the Emirates within the period agreed to by the parties in the contract. If the parties have not fixed the period rthen the arbitrator must give his sentence within 6 months following the first audience with the parties. A court can be approached by either of the parties if its is not satisfied with the sentence.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Dubai International Arbitration Court
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in the United Arab Emirates!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: