Dining in the U.A.E.
- Categories of Restaurant
- International restaurants
- Emirates has numerous international restaurants.
- Arabic restaurants
- Specialities of Emirates and Middle East are generally served there.
- Local foor stands
- These stands offer shawermas (grilled minced meat sandwiches accompanied with tomato, pepper, onions and served in pittas), falafels (doughnuts of beans and chick peas served with aubergines). These stands are often located in cafes or one can smoke chichas (water pipes) while drinking tea or other non alcoholic drinks.
- Fast food
- All knowledge about fast food is presented in Emirates with a local inclination for KFC.
- Rules For Eating Out
- It is recommended to give a tip even if in general it is the service is billed (10% of the amount in Dubai, 16% in Abu Dhabi). The restaurants generally serve from 1200 hrs to 1500 hrs & then from 1900 hrs to 0000 hrs. Payment at the end of the meals
|Economy Meal||4 to 5 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||13.5 to 24 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||55 EUR|
- Food Specialties
- Specialities of the Middle East like the mezzes (assortment of salads and sauces in which the pitas are dipped), grilled meat specialities,matchoub (spicy lamb), mensaf (lamb dish served with a white cheese sauce and rice).
- Consumption of alcohol is permitted for non Muslims in Emirates except in Sharjah. Consumption of alcohol is prohibited during Muslim festivals as well as offering it to Muslims.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Pork is prohibited. Eating, drinking or smoking in public places during the month of Ramadan are not allowed. Muslims are not served in the restaurants and hotels during hours of fast.
- Table Manners
- People of Emirates eat with their right hand. Using left hand is considered bad.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in the United Arab Emirates!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: