Sightseeing in the U.A.E.
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- -Dubai Museum , mosques and old forts of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Project for partnership with Louvre Museum in Abu Dhabi. This would involve the opening of a branch in this country.
- 4x4 tours of the desert.
- One of the little religious tourism to share can be the huge Sheikh Zayed mosque in Abu Dhabi.
- Therapeutic spa tourism is less developed.
- Beaches around Dubai are very beautiful and the hotel complexes developed around them are high class. Ladies are formally recommended not to wear bikini on public beaches. Topless and nudism are prohibited on all beaches of the country.
- Winter Sports
- Artificial indoor ski station under in Dubai.
- Outdoor Activities
- It is possible to play golf in Dubai which is a prized destination for followers of this sport. Also, under sea diving is pleasurable to discover the rich marine depths.It is also standard to practise fishing as a sport. Finally, the UAE is reputed for its horse riding.
- It is possible to take advantage of the gold market and reduced tax trading centres of Dubai.
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|Guide on Dubai|
|Guide on Abu Dhabi|
|Top Highlights of the Country|
|Main things to do in Emirates.|
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- The system of Emirates is authoritarian. There are no political parties.
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
- It is limited by the federal law no. 15 of 1980 on publications even if it is in principle guaranteed by the constitution.
World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 86/175
Evolution: 17 places down compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Access to internet is filtered in Emirates. Access to the sites judged contrary to the local cultural and religous ideals is prohibited.
- Freedom of Assembly
- The freedom of assembly is restricted by the government
- Rule of Law
- Corruption is low.
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- There is strong discrimination between the nationals and the expatriates especially those of South Asian origin and other Arab countries.
- Women's Condition
- Despite an early opening, women continue to suffer discrimination. They are under-represented in political institutions.
- For Further Information
Freedom House report of 2008
- Degree of Freedom
- Each faith has the right to practice its religion.The government controls the contents of sermons of Friday in mosques.
Official religion: Islam.
Sunni Muslims: 78% ; Shia Muslims: 18% ; Christians: 3.5% ; Others : 0.5%
- Role of Religion in Society
- Religion is a big marker of identity and a factor of cohesion in the country. It governs many aspects of daily life.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sightseeing in the United Arab Emirates!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: