Contracts in the U.K.
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-||-|
|Rate of Activity (%)||74.9||74.1|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||5.3||5.2|
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2006|
|Managers and senior officials||15.0%|
|Associate professional and technician||14.4%|
|Administrative and secretarial||12.2%|
|Sales and customers services||7.8%|
|Process plant and machines operative||7.5%|
- For Further Statistics
Management of Human Resources
- Type of Contract
- Legal clauses regulate employment contracts and to a lesser degree collective agreements and individual negotiations.
- Breach of Contracts
- The State Pension age is currently 65 for men and 60 for women. Your working life is the period over which you have to have met the contribution conditions for the basic State Pension. It is normally 49 years.
- All informations available on Advice guide.
- Labor Laws
- Cases of Dispute
- Physical violence, moral harassment, sexual harassment, working conditions, etc.
- Legal Framework
- The arbitrator (acting alone or chairing a panel) considers the written
and oral submissions of the parties, makes a decision, and where
appropriate, an award which the parties agree to accept and implement.
The arbitration process is confidential, relatively
fast, cost efficient, non-legalistic and informal.The arbitration process is confidential, relatively fast, cost efficient, non-legalistic and informal.
Further information on Labour relations agency.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Contracts in the United Kingdom!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related British companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: