Communications in the U.K.
- Official Language
- English. Welsh in Wales.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Welsh in Wales.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Useful English business phrases can be found at About.com
- Free Translation Tools
WorldLingo : Free online language translator
Systran : Free online translation box
Promt : Free on-line translator
- Quality of Communications
- The UK telecommunications system is excellent; its mobile network is highly developed. Despite competition, cost is fairly high. There are numerous public telephones, some coin-operated, some taking phone or credit cards.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From the United Kingdom, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in the United Kingdom, Dial +44
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
The UK has an open numbering plan, with up to 11 digits (0 + local area code + number). For detailed information, see www.ofcom.org.uk.
To call the UK , dial 00 + 44 + number (zero omitted).
The NumberingPlans website gives the full list of UK regional codes.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- International telephone standards GSM 900 and GSM1800. See Mobile-phones-uk.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- The largest ones by subscriber size are: BT Retail, Virgin Media, Carphone Warehouse, Tiscali, Sky Broadband, Orange etc. See Ispreview.
- Access in Public Places
- There are Internet cafés and centers in most urban areas. Some multimedia phone booths, often located at main railway stations and airports, offer touch-screen access. Hotspots providing Internet access include Wi-Fi cafés, where would-be users need to bring their own wireless-enabled devices. These services may be free to all, free to customers only, or fee-based.
- Access in Hotels
- Many hotels now also have public terminals, though these are usually fee-based. Some hotels are equipped with Wi-Fi facilities.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in the United Kingdom!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related British companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: