Dining in the U.K.
- Categories of Restaurant
- Modern British/French/European
- The top category. Run or inspired by celebrity chefs.
- Traditional British food.
- Speciality restaurants
- Catering for vegetarians, etc.
- Ethnic restaurants
- They can be excellent value for money.
- Pub food
- Most pubs offer food
- Fast food restaurants
- Mostly in towns.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Booking is recommended for top restaurants or if the party is larger than 4.
In pubs, orders are taken at the bar, then brought to your table.
In restaurants, a service charge of 10 to 15 per cent is usual, which may be added to the bill, so a further tip is not required. There is no legal requirement to pay service charges added to bills and if the service has been unsatisfactory, the customer may deduct it.
|Economy Meal||7-14 GBP|
|Medium Price Meal||14-28 GBP|
|Good Quality Meal||28 GBP+|
- Food Specialties
Examples of traditional (family) English dishes include: Full English breakfast, Bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potato), Fish and chips (battered fish and chipped potatoes), Shepherd's pie or Cottage pie (minced meat and mashed potato gratin), Cornish pasty (potato, meat and vegetables in pastry), Bread and butter pudding, Apple pie, Treacle tart etc.
Typical dishes are listed and pictured on Woodlands
- England is famous for its beer (dark ale, served draught in pubs) and cider, and Scotland for its whisky. The south of England produces a very small quantity of wine. There is a wide range of waters, fruit juices and non-alcoholic drinks available.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- Consult UK table manners on Woodlands.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in the United Kingdom!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related British companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: