Investment Incentives in the United States
United States: Investing
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
At a federal and State level, foreign investors may be granted funding allowances such as long-term subsidized loans. In order to encourage new businesses in their territories, the States have started a competitive battle aimed at offering investors the best services and advantages possible.
Foreign companies can benefit from aid, granted by three federal agencies:
- The EDA (Economic Development Administration) offers long term loans, with preferential rates for projects of creation and of activity extension leading to new immobilizations and jobs creation.
- The Small business Administration (SBA) offers guarantees for loans contracted by SME and can finance plants construction or material purchase by mid and long term loans.
- The Rural Development (depending on the Ministry of Agriculture - USDA) can garantuee up to 90% of the loans granted to commercial companies that create jobs in rural zones.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Arizona has become the ideal base for companies that need to reach out to the world.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Arizona also offers a unique Foreign Trade Zone Program, which provides qualifying companies with the lowest effective property tax rates available in the US.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- In addition to investment tax credits, other preferential tax incentives are available for activities such as those related to export, research and development expenditures, and for hiring certain specified individuals. Deduction is also available for certain manufacturing activities. For more information on tax incentive programs you can contact Invest in America.
- Useful Links
EDA (Economic Development Administration)
Development (depending on the Department of Agriculture - USDA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in the United States!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: