Industrial Standards in the United States
Bankruptcy Law (0) , Contracts (20) , Corporate Law (14) , Employment Law (7) , Environmental Regulations (0) , Export Compliance (7) , Import Compliance (6) , Industrial Standards (1) , Intellectual Property (10) , International Legal Agreements (9) , Justice System (3) , Marketing Regulations (8) , Trade Compliance (14)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- National Standards Organizations
American National Standards Institute
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
- The ANSI is a member of:
- The International Standard organization (ISO);
- The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC);
- The International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- The U.S. member of the Pacific Area Standards Congress (PASC)
- The Pan American Standards Commission (COPANT)
- The Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (PAC)
- Via the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB), a member of the Inter American Accreditation Cooperation (IAAC).
- Obligation to Use Standards
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private, non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. private-sector led voluntary standardization and conformity assessment systems.
- Classification of Standards
- - Five Standards Panel manage by the American National Standards Institute:
- the ANSI Biofuels Standards Panel (ANSI-BSP),
- the Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel,
- the ANSI Homeland Security Standards Panel,
- the ANSI Nanotechnology Standards Panel,
- the Identity Theft Prevention and Identity Management Standards Panel,
- the classification code is: ANSI + 1 letter showing the technical area + digit number and the year.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- Respect of voluntary standardization is highly regarded in United States; it can increase partnership with other companies, sales potential on the market and the acceptance of the product by consumers.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- The ANSI webstore or the search engine NSSN.
- Certification Organizations
Directory of ANSI Accredited Certification Programs for Product Certifiers
Directory of Accredited Telecommunication Certification Body Programs
Directory of ANSI Accredited Certification Programs for SQF Standards
Directory of ANSI Accredited Certification Programs for SFI and PEFC Standards
- Associations of Standards Users
Standards Developing Associations
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Experts Views (1)
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Legal Consulting, the United States