Communications in the United States
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- Spanish, in particular in Arizona, Texas, California and New Mexico. Other languages, such as Amerindian languages (Navajo, Hopi, etc.) and also Chinese, Japanese, Italian, German, Polish, Greek, etc. depending on the community of immigrants.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- English as a Second Language (ESL) program offered by Universities or private schools. Foreigners can take English classes at different levels and improve their writing and speaking skills in English.
- Free Translation Tools
Cambridge Dictionaries : Online Dictionary
- Quality of Communications
- The USA has one of the most developed network systems. Competition in the telecom market has become a race to be chosen by the customer to deliver bundled communication services, including voice, wireless, data, TV and cellular. In this infrastructure-based competition, Cable TV is in the lead.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From the United States, Dial 011
To Make a Call to in the United States, Dial +1 (except Canada and the Caribbean).
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
See here the detailed list of US regional codes.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- The US mainly uses Analog, TDMA, CDMA, GSM 1900. Also note that each standard may have multiple frequencies. Some phones can work in the US since the phone can support multiple GSM frequencies.
Another way to use a cell phone in the USA without subscription is to buy pre-paid cards.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, SBC, BellSouth, Sprint, Qwest
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Comcast, Earthline, Aol.
- Access in Public Places
- Accessible in a lot of places: Free wifi point access in different places in big cities.
- Access in Hotels
- Accessible in most hotels
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Are you looking for a step by step guide on getting your documents translated? We have compiled an easy to follow seven step guide for those who may be unfamiliar with translation procedures.
Ocean Translations on 19 Apr 2012 related to Communications in the United States
Things to consider in choosing a translation service provider
Keylingo Translations, California on 23 Apr 2012 related to Communications in the United States
CSR PRODUCTIONS Entertainment Group, Inc. on 18 Dec 2015 related to Communications in the United States
Marketing, Advertising & Ecommerce, the United States
Translation & Interpretation, the United States
B2B Translation services, DBE, WBE certified,