Sightseeing in the United States
Climate, Time Difference (0) , Communications (4) , Dining (0) , Domestic Transportation (0) , Language (1) , Lodging (0) , Sightseeing (1) , Travel Security (2) , Visas and Customs (2) , Weights, Measures, Adapters (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- Fort Sumter: Third System masonry coastal fortification located in Charleston harbor, South Carolina
- Liberty Bell: in Philadelphia, is an American bell asociated with the American Revolutionary War.
- Independence Hall is a US national landmark located in Philadelphia. It is a red brick building, built between 1732 and 1753, and designed in the Georgian style.
- Washington Monument is a large, tall white-colored obelisk in Washington DC.
- Pearl Harbor is a harbor and deep naval base on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
- Statue of Liberty in New York city.
- Ellis Island in New Yok was at one time the main entry facility for immigrants entering the United States.
- The United States has its cultural heritage from: American Cowboys; Cowboy Cattle Drives; Native American Indians; Native American Culture; American Sports; American Holidays (Thanksgiving); Country & Western Music; American Cooking.
- The National Park System Includes 378 areas. Among them are 55 National Parks and 72 National Monuments. In 1998 the NPS units were visited by 287 million people. The Blue Ridge parkway in Virginia attracted the most visitors: over 19 million. With 10 million visitors the most frequently visited National Park was the Great Smoky Mountains NP. Other parks that attract many visitors are The Grand Canyon (4.5 million), Yosemite NP (3.5 million) and Olympic NP (3.3 Million).
Visit USA Tourist to see all the National Parks.
- For more information go to the Religious Travel Association website.
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming has the largest collection of geysers, hot springs and thermal phenomena in the world.
- Some of the Most Popular beaches in USA are located in North Carolina, Florida, New York, Hawaii, Massachusetts and California.
- Winter Sports
- The United States has around 750 cross country ski areas spread out all over the country. Cross-country and downhill skiing as well as snowshoeing, snowboarding, and dogsledding are the activities you can enjoy on public lands.
- Outdoor Activities
- Outdoor activities are very popular. These include running, boating, camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, skiing, and rafting.
- American whiskey, fashion jeans are popular items for shoppers from other countries. The big shopping malls and discount stores are the favorite places for the Americans during the week end.
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
- Yes (First amendment)
- World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 20/175
- Evolution: 20 places up compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Yes (Freedom of speech, first amendment)
- Freedom of Assembly
- Yes (First Amendment)
- Rule of Law
- In USA, no one is above the law.
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
Sometimes minorities can suffer from entrenched social discrimination concerning access to housing and employment opportunities
- Women's Condition
- Women in USA have legal equality.
- For Further Information
Human rights report, US Department of State
- Degree of Freedom
- In USA, freedom of religion means that religious groups can hold beliefs that others disagree with, they can teach these beliefs to their children, and they can practise their religion their own way. But there are limitations to what you can do in the name of religion and religious freedom.
- Protestants 52%, Catholics 24%, Mormons 2%, Jews 1%, Muslims 1%, Others 10%, Without religion 10%.
- Role of Religion in Society
- Religions in USA play an important role in contemporary social life and in the world vision of the Americans. Since the September 11 attacks in 2001, religion has taken a bigger place in political life.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Travel Service Company, Egypt