MA R K E T O V E R V I E W : WH Y E X P O R T T O C A N A D A ?
• Canada has the world’s fifth largest aerospace market; in 2010 it generated
• approximately $22 billion
• It is home to large OEMS such as Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls Royce, Bell
• Helicopter Textron, Boeing Canada, Lockheed Martin Canada and employs over 80,000 workers
• 80 % of the industry is located in the provinces of Quebec and Ontario
• 83% of the industry focuses on civil aircraft manufacturing; 17% on military aircraft manufacturing
B U S I N E S S O P P O R T U N I T I E S – MA J O R P R O G R A M S / P R O J E C T S
• Bombardier C Series, Challenger 7000 & 8000, and other Bombardier Programs (valued at over $3 billion)
• Canadian Companies with F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Major Contracts (program valued at over $9 billion)
• Boeing Canada Programs related to the Boeing Dreamliner 787 and others (valued at over $1 billion)
P O T E N T I A L C L I E N T S : C A N A D A ’ S A E R O S P A C E C O M P A N I E S
The following databases are great resources for your sales team to seek out potential clients.
They provide a comprehensive list of all Canadian aerospace companies by location, size
and capabilities, are easily searchable.
• Aero-Canada: http://www.aero-canada.com/
• Industry Canada: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ad-ad.nsf/eng/h_ad03840.html
• Quebec: http://internet2.mdeie.gouv.qc.ca/Internet/aerospatiale/reperaero.nsf/GeneralEN?OpenFrameset