M A R K E T O V E R V I E W
• The ICT sector in Canada is composed of nearly 32,700 companies that generate over $162 billion in annual revenues.
• The United States is Canada’s top trading partner for ICT exports at $11 billion and the second largest trading partner after China for ICT imports, at $12 billion. This sector is highly trade dependent.
• Measuring, medical, and controlling devices equipment is the largest commodity group imported within the ICT sector from the United States, representing 31 percent of imported ICT goods. This is closely followed by computer and peripheral equipment at 22 percent of imported ICT goods.
O P P O R T U N I T I E S – P R O G R A M S / P R O J E C T S
A new Government of Canada office, Shared Services Canada (SSC), with a mandate to streamline IT in the government, save money, and end waste and duplication, will reduce the overall number of data centers from 300 to less than 20 and combine 100 separate email systems into one.
Although specific opportunities have not yet been identified, U.S. manufacturers of hardware, software and IT Services will be able to bid on procurement opportunities as they are announced.
B E S T P R O S P E C T S
• Desktop Virtualization and Virtualization Management
• Cloud Computing: Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Green IT
• IT Security products, especially as they pertain to fighting CyberCrime