P R O J E C T O V E R V I E W
• This proposed highway will be 138 kilometers long, run from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories, and offers opportunities for U.S. companies that provide construction services, equipment and supplies.
• The Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk Highway Project is part of the Mackenzie Valley All Weather Road (AWR), also referred to as the Mackenzie Valley Highway Project (MVH). This portion of the highway is classified separately from the main project because it is further ahead in the regulatory process.
• In January 2012, this project entered the technical review phase of the Environmental Assessment.
• The highway will run North- South connecting Canada to the Arctic Coast.
S I Z E A N D S C O P E
• The total estimated cost of the road is between CDN $250 - $300 million.
• Estimated time for construction is 5 years begin as soon as winter 2013.
• One of the objectives for the Government of the Northwest Territory is to maximize Northern involvement, employment and business opportunities. Therefore, U.S. companies interested in providing services to this project will have to work in partnership with local Aboriginal groups.